2014 Conference to be held at
Middle Georgia State College
February 7 & 8, 2014
"Honors Without Borders"
Call for Proposals
Honors education frequently emphasizes the breaking down of traditional boundaries. These include the borders that are normally erected between the classroom and the "real world," between the campus and the community, between one's own society and other cultures, and between different academic disciplines. The Georgia Collegiate Honors Council invites students to submit proposals for academic or creative work that seeks to transcend these or other traditional borders.
Papers and posters will be considered.
As always, the Georgia Collegiate Honors Council welcomes proposals that represent excellent undergraduate work even if the topic does not directly address the conference theme.
PROPOSAL DEADLINE: January 15, 2014
There will be Best Paper competitions in three subject areas:
- Natural Sciences
- Social Sciences
For each of these, cash prizes will be given for first place ($200) and second place ($100). Students wishing to enter these competitions should submit their entire paper by the deadline. (Note: students who will present posters at the conference may enter the competition, but a formal essay will still be required.)
Important Note: Middle Georgia State College students are not eligible for this competition.
Paper Contest Submission Deadline: January 15, 2014
Conference Details in Summary
Middle Georgia State College, Jones Building
- Date: February 7-8, 2014
- Location: Middle Georgia State College, Macon, Georgia
- Registration: $47 per student, $57 per professor/administrator
- Lodging: Holiday Inn Express Macon West, $89 per night
- Reservations: 478-803-0033
Ask for the Georgia Collegiate Honors Council Rate
- Deadline to Receive Conference Hotel Rate: January 29, 2014
- Keynote Speaker: Judson Mitcham, Poet Laureate of Georgia
- Friday evening dessert bar, drinks, and an "open mic" event at which students can showcase their musical, literary, or dramatic talents
- Faculty/administrator meetings
- Suggested activities for those arriving early Friday: Ocmulgee National Monument and Macon's Historical Sites.
For Any Further Questions or Concerns
For information about submitting proposals and for more information about the conference, contact Dr. Clay Morton, email@example.com.